Microneedling is a fantastic way to refresh your complexion.
The Breazeale Clinic uses the SkinPen® to create multiple micro-sized punctures on the skin’s surface and in so doing, it brings blood flow and encourages the generation of collagen and elastin, components vital to a youthful appearance. Ask us about add-on services to Microneedling.
Learn more about a microneedling and other skin care options at Dr. Ed Breazeale’s Knoxville practice. Call 865-342-0300 today to set up a consultation.
What you can expect from a SkinPen® microneedling procedure*:
At The Breazeale Clinic our experienced, licensed aestheticians use the SkinPen® to perform the following:
- A comfortable procedure.
Based on your specific needs, your provider may apply a topical numbing agent to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- A short procedure time.
Procedure time may range from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- A mild sensation.
Most patients report feeling just the slight vibration of SkinPen®
- during the procedure.
Mild post-procedure effects.
The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- Soothing aftercare.
Your clinician will provide Skinfuse LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to support the wound healing environment.
- A plan for optimal results.
Your clinician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual skin health goals. Maintenance of your procedure may be completed with multiple treatments to maintain optimal results.
- A post-procedure protocol to optimize your results.
We are happy to recommend your after care regimen.
*From the SkinPen website.
Benefits of Microneedling:
- Wrinkle reduction, texture, tone improvement and softer, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. New collagen production reverses years of sun damage. SkinPen® also has a positive effect on hyper-pigmentation as well as treating uneven skin tone, acne scars, traumatic scars, and stretch marks.
Side Effects of Microneedling:
- After the procedure, the skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a way similar to a moderate sunburn. You may also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area being treated. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following treatments and within the next 24 hours the skin will be completely healed. After 2 days, most visible erythema will be absolved.
- Keloid scars; history of eczema, psoriasis, and other chronic conditions; history of actinic (solar) keratosis; history of Herpes Simplex infections; history of diabetes; presence of raised moles, warts on targeted area. Absolute contraindications include scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities, blood clotting problems, active bacterial or fungal infection, immuno-suppression. Not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
The Breazeale Clinic has two licensed aestheticians in-office five days a week to serve you!
Talk to us about add-on services to Microneedling.